Forsilvra :: Winds of Change

Go Back   Forsilvra :: Winds of Change > The Actions of Men > Lacharn > Llywarch

Closed Thread  

Old 09-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Rhiannon Prothero

Player
Character
None
None

Default Much to be done (Rhiannon, other Protheros, 4/3 OPEN)

They had received the letter earlier that day, and now Rhiannon wanted to get to work. They had a bit of time, especially because Llywarch was one of the closest cities to the capital, but she hated to leave things to the last minute. Especially with the need to gather the banners and the entire house together.

They sat for dinner, everyone who was available. Rhiannon liked to gather the children together, at least, but it was not required now that most of them were older. They had their own things to do, and she respected that. But she had requested their presence today, because she wanted to discuss the ball, and the tourney, and what they would need to get done at court.

"I sent words to all the banners that we would meet at port here and arrive at court together," it made sense, as Llywarch was the city closest to Forsilvra island. "We should be prepared to leave before the banners arrive."

Last edited by Josephine DeLauncey; 09-16-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Cadwallader Prothero

Jenn//NPC
Character
Twenty-Four
Lacharn
Betrothed
Cordelia Morgandy
N/A

Cadwallader hadn't expected to be removed from his studies so early. Then again, when had it gotten so late? He was knee deep in reading books again. He really did need ot get a life at times. Cadwallader was called for dinner and he made sure he changed his attire. It had to be something important if everyone was gathering.

Taking a seat at the table, he took a sip of his wine. Calling the banners meant his betrothed would be going too. That made him nervous, again. Why was he nervous? "What kind of celebration is this? I mean that the King is having sister, besides his...usual antics?" Their King was young, that was certain. Younger than Cadwallader even.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Maldwyn Prothero
Good Intentions Aren't Ever Rewarded

Adam
Character
Nineteen
Lacharn
Betrothed
None

Maldwyn Prothero walked into the room with a grin upon his face. He loved it when the family gathered together for something; it was always something important, be it some sort of message from the king, some kind of announcement of bethrodal, or hell, even if it was just for dinner! You couldn't go on in life without a full belly, and that was something everyone knew.

Maldwyn came up behind his uncle with a smile upon his face. He clasped a hand on the mans shoulder as he walked by, looking at his mother first and then him. "Mother. Uncle." He stated, heading to his seat at the table.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Balthasar Prothero

Deek
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Balthasar strolled into the dining hall casually, acting as if he wasn’t later than he should have been. He had been slow, but it was due to his lack of proper attire for dinner. Balthasar had been previously occupied with a messy activity, and that was only because he had snuck away from Rhiannon earlier. Now, he knew, it would be time for business.

Making his way towards his wife, Balthasar stopped right before her. Leaning down, he planted a kiss on her lips, lingering for a moment longer than was proper. Straightening himself, he grinned proudly at her. Oh, how he loved to be a fussy romantic at times.
Having taken what he wanted, Balthasar moved to his seat. Sitting down, he leaned back in his chair, slightly slouching. Upon realizing that he was doing this, Balthasar straightened, and sat properly. It was supposed to be a proper dinner.

“Hello everyone,” he finally said, and resisted the urge to steal a piece of bread that was set on the table.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Rhiannon Prothero

Player
Character
None
None

Rhiannon chastised herself for how surprised she was by the kiss. After twenty years, she should really be surprised about nothing when it came to her husband. But... everyone was here! Their son and her brother and... well, she wasn't unaffectionate, really, but just in public it seemed untoward. She reciprocated the best she could with her family around her, and continued talking. "Balthasar, dear, we were just discussing the arrangements for going to court. I sent notice to the banners, we should expect them any time. We'll try to arrive at court early but not too early - we want to seem eager but not to be unwelcome or to catch the council unprepared." Their proximity to the capital left them with some luxury.

"I take it there'll be no problem having the banners' usual quarters prepared in the next few days?" Generally, she made sure they were kept prepared, or at least able to be prepared within a few hours. Sometimes, visits were unexpected.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Keyna Prothero
Pretty Pretty Princess

Dara
Character
Fourteen
Lacharn
Single
None

Keyna loved spending time with her family, so when her maidservants informed her that her mother wanted them all at dinner, the young girl was quite pleased. She had spent the afternoon at the beach collecting seashells and running along the shoreline with Nefret playing chase. The clothing she had worn was not suitable for a family dinner, and after freshening up, her attendants dressed her in a lovely gown of coral and cream, adorned with three rows pearls at the neckline, the hemline and the ends of her sleeves. She also wore a simple belt of pearls that sat low on her hips, with trailing ends that reached nearly to the bottom of her skirt and swayed prettily when she walked. Her golden-brown hair was left loose, and brushed until it fairly glowed.

Finally ready ... and a bit late ... she headed to the dining room, her skin and hair carrying the fresh scent of the sea as well as a hint of her favorite floral-and-vanilla perfume. As they were already engaged in discussion, the demure young woman curtsied respectfully to her parents, smiled at her brother and uncle, and sank quietly and gracefully into a chair. The food smelled delicious, and she realized that she was quite hungry.

Yet those thoughts fled as she realized exactly what they were discussing. A soft little “ohhhh!” escaped her lips. Keyna had never been outside of Lacharn before and idea of going to court appealed to her sense of adventure. She was captivated by the notion and this was clearly apparent by the excitement and delight shining in her big brown eyes.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Balthasar Prothero

Deek
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Balthasar listened to his wife attentively. She was already taking this on very seriously, and while it amused him, it certainly wasn’t a surprise. He could always count on his wife to be prepared and meticulous. They were traits that he lacked, and so he figured it was the best that he had married a wife that held such traits. There were worse women he could be with, anyway.

“I can’t wait to see my brother,” he mused after the conversation he lulled for a moment. It had been a long time since he had seen Nathaniel in particular. Of course, most of House Merrick would also be attending, which would mean he’d get to see his other siblings. That would be fantastic.

“I doubt there will a problem getting them prepared,” Balthasar responded to her. There was nothing in the castle that wasn’t run tightly and correctly. Getting some rooms ready wouldn’t be an issue. Plus, most of the staff liked him, anyway.

Watching his daughter, Balthasar gave her a wink.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Cadwallader Prothero

Jenn//NPC
Character
Twenty-Four
Lacharn
Betrothed
Cordelia Morgandy
N/A

Cadwallader took a few bites of his food, smiling at his niece when she entered the room. He still found it a bit nervous- his own impending marriage and of course that meant children that were going to follow. He adored his nieces and nephews it was having his own children that was the unsettling thing a little. It was different when they were not your own. The talk of the banners made him cough a little while he was drinking his wine.

“I am sure the Morgandy's are going to be arrive soon?” He asked his sister. That meant his betrothed as well. “I am most anxious to see my betrothed again.” Cadwallader was indeed anxious- he was extremely nervous as well. He had once thought he was going to be a doctor and now that he was to wed and become a Lord consort....that was a bit new to him still. “They are going to be following us to the Belleile I presume as well?”
Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Rhiannon Prothero

Player
Character
None
None

"The Morgandys are not far - it should not be any trouble for them to get here." It was a good match, the one with Morgandy, but she hoped Cadwallader was truly fine with it. The last son, he would probably be happier alongside Cordelia, when it came down to it. His firstborn would rule that city...

"And Merrick will probably be here soon as well - I imagine Nathaniel will be glad to see people from home as well." It was regrettable that not many had gotten to court in the years with the plague, the council was fairly cut off. And he'd wed and had children since then - "You'll get to meet your cousins," she added, to her own children.

"We'll arrive at Belleile together, barring anything unforeseen. I'd like to aim for the 20th - it'll be early, but that will hopefully give us some time with the King and Council. The events start on the first of May, with a memorial for those we've lost."
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Maldwyn Prothero

Adam
Character
Nineteen
Lacharn
Betrothed
None

"Ooh. I love meeting new people." Maldwyn said in response to the idea of meeting his younger cousins; they were young, too young for Maldwyn to have fun with, but he'd be able to do something with them. Maybe they could play a game? Or perhaps Maldwyn should find a boy his age from another family -- maybe the King, even. Maybe they could do something under the cover of night!

Mischief filled Maldwyns mind as he thought about doing thing she shouldn't He got a certain thrill from the fear of being caught, and he was night addicted to that thrill. "Are we going to do anything special?" Maldwyn asked. Of course they would have to go to court with the King, but that was all he knew about right now. Maybe his mother or father had something special planned?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Balthasar Prothero

Deek
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

“Yes, my family should be coming. I’m sure Nathaniel will be happy, I know I’ll be happy to see him,” Balthasar replied to his wife. He had barely seen his family in the past few years with everything going on, and even less so Nathaniel. It would be a joy to see his younger brother again. Plus, Alastair and Balthasar would need to check up on him and make sure that everything was okay. For paper makers, they were all terrible at remembering to send letters.

“What do you mean, Maldwyn?” Balthasar figured that his son was thinking of girls, probably the princess, so Balthasar was careful in his response. He wanted to know more about what the boy had in mind before he committed to anything. He was also unaware of if Rhiannon had plans, but she always had plans. Most of the time she shared them with Balthasar, but when she didn’t, he didn’t really mind. It was less responsibility on his shoulders.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Maldwyn Prothero

Adam
Character
Nineteen
Lacharn
Betrothed
None

"Exactly what I say, father. Uncle Nathaniel, his wife and children. The King and his horns, the Princess and all the other people that will come for the ball!" He said, giving words that would more than likely satisfy while not really giving an answer to his father. Yes, he was most certainly thinking of the Princess and the other fine ladies of the court. He didn't care nearly so much about his uncle and his family as he did about the beautiful women his age that would be there. As terrible as it sounded that was how Maldwyn was, and if things remained unchanged that was how he would stay.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Rhiannon Prothero

Player
Character
None
None

"There's the memorial, the balls, feasts, meetings with King and Council... I'm not sure what else you'd like to have planned, Maldwyn," she said sternly, but not angry. She tried to take the 'mother' tone less with him as he got older, as it was not a fitting way to address a future Province ruler, even by his mother. But old habits died hard... "I'm sure everyone at court would willingly accept an invitation from the Prothero heir... but I caution you to be careful. It's court, and there are eyes everywhere."

She cleared her throat a little. "That goes for everyone - it shouldn't put a damper on the fun, I assure you, but reflect best on the family at all times, or others will come to know of it."
Old 11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Balthasar Prothero

Deek
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Balthasar resisted the urge to grin at Rhiannon’s response to Maldwyn. The boy was being silly, but he was getting old enough to know better by now. Balthasar liked to think it was the part of Merrick that Maldwyn had inherited that kept him silly. There were times to be serious, but he felt that Rhiannon needed to lighten up at times. He hoped that all of their children would be a blend of both of them, light and serious when needed.

“Your mother is right. I’m sure the festivities will be great fun. Maldwyn, by the time they’re over, you will probably exhausted… There will be enough satisfy everyone. But Lady Rhiannon has a point. You must be careful what you say, even in peaceful times,” Balthasar added, wanting to stress the point that Rhiannon had made.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Keyna Prothero
Pretty Pretty Princess

Dara
Character
Fourteen
Lacharn
Single
None

Keyna listened silently as the adults in her family made the plans for their journey. There was nothing else for her to do, really, rather than sit there and think about what a wonderful time she would certainly have. With so many people from so many places, perhaps she would be able to make a few friends and learn about the cultures of their homelands. She would definitely be taking her drawing and painting supplies so that she could immortalize scenes from court so that she could remember it forever.

She winced at her mother's stern tone when she answered Maldwyn's question. Keyna thought her brother was being a bit childish, but perhaps he was just as thrilled as she was at the prospect of going to court. She took Rhiannon's next words to heart, and promised herself that she would not do anything that would embarrass their family and start any gossip about either her or them. Her manner was generally quiet and demure, so she did not think she really had to worry much about that. Or so she hoped.

As soon as there was a lull in the conversation, she spoke up, asking a question that she had only now thought of. In her excitement, she had forgotten all about her beloved lemur. “Will I be able to take Nefret with me or will she have to stay behind?”
Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Rhiannon Prothero

Player
Character
None
None

Rhiannon did not want to have the monkey go with them, but she knew it would be difficult to disuade Keyna. "Nefret may come, but must not attend any official event, and we'll talk about having your handmaiden watch her in the rooms while you do the things you must, Keyna. If she gets out, we may have to send her back with one of the trade ships." She had to be firm so that Keyna would know she was serious, but was not too concerned. Keyna was a good Lady, and would not embarrass them. Really, she was confident all her children would behave themselves, but she could always find space to be worried.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Balthasar Prothero

Deek
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Balthasar chuckled at Keyna’s question. He was surprised his darling daughter had not brought up the lemur sooner, and that he hadn’t thought of it. It seemed that Keyna had inherited his love for companions, which he didn’t think Rhiannon was too fond off. Though he would have loved to have said yes, he kept quiet, and surprisingly enough the answer was yes. OF course there were conditions, but they were perfectly reasonable. Balthasar smiled to both of them.

“That’s fantastic… I’m sure Nefret will love to see the court,” Balthasar added, grinning and wondering if he would bring his own monkey along. Rhiannon would probably kill him, but then again… He had saved her life with a monkey once. “Just make sure to bring her some of the dried goods, who knows what the castle will have.”
Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Cadwallader Prothero

Jenn//NPC
Character
Twenty-Four
Lacharn
Betrothed
Cordelia Morgandy
N/A

Well this had gotten awkward. Cadwallader had taken a few bites of his food. His nephew's inclinations were, well he almost laughed himself. He kept himself doing so luckily by raising the wine to his lips to take a sip. Wine was always a good distraction. “Do you know which of the provinces are arriving first sister?” He promptly changed the topic if conversation. “I'd say it should be interesting meeting the people from Arbrecht or even Ahestere. Our southern neighbors have always been the most interesting of the provinces....and our northern ones.” Truth was Cadwallader was more nervous about actually having to spend time with his betrothed.

He didn't know how he was going to have to deal with women. "I am sure Nefert will not cause too much commotion." He smiled at his niece.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Keyna Prothero
Pretty Pretty Princess

Dara
Character
Fourteen
Lacharn
Single
None

Keyna beamed when her mother said that Nefret could accompany her. She had been so afraid that the answer would be no. “Oh, thank you, Mother, thank you!” she exclaimed. “She'll be good, I promise. And yes ..” she smiled at her father. “I will bring everything she needs. What they do have there might not agree with her, and I don't want to spend all my time taking care of a sick lemur.” But she would, if that was what happened. Keyna loved Nefret and would always take good care of her.

Turning to her uncle she grinned. “She won't cause any trouble at all. I will make sure of it. And I'm sure she will see court as a grand adventure, just as I will. Oh, I am so so happy I get to bring her with me!”

Still grinning, she turned back to her food, thinking of all the fun she and Nefret would have, while the adults continued to discuss their plans.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Rhiannon Prothero

Player
Character
None
None

Rhiannon had been reluctant to let her, but the excitement now on her daughter's face led her to believe she made the right decision. She had laid down the rules, and knew Keyna would follow them.

"Yes, it will be an adventure. And brother, probably us or the Caeles will arrive first, as we are the closest. And the Caeles are close to the crown because of our late Queen Corenna. We will get there before many events start, but we should still have time to meet everyone from the provinces. I think it will be lovely." And useful, of course.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Balthasar Prothero

Deek
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Balthasar sat back and took a sip of his wine as he listened to Cadwallader. Cadwallader had always been more relaxed than Rhiannon, and so Balthasar was quite fond of him even if they weren’t incredibly close. It pleased him to see his daughter so delighted, and he nibbled happily on his food as they chattered.

“I’m sure we’ll arrive first if Rhiannon has any say in it,” Balthasar joked, rejoining the conversation. Of course his wife would do the planning, which would mean leaving as early as possible. She was never one to arrive late, and tended more towards the early than on time. Balthasar just went along with it, though he had never been on time for anything in his life until Rhiannon had married him.
Closed Thread  

Tags
balthasar, cadwallader, keyna, maldwyn, rhiannon