[Basic Information]

Character Name: Aiden Faerald
Character Age: 19
Birthday (including year): May 12th 223
Home Castle/City:Caethynas
House Faerald

-------------------------------

[Personality]
Aiden is of the quiet type usually keeping to himself and his thoughts. Though in the past he was outgoing more recently he has put distance between himself and anybody he comes in contact with. The reason for this is not known by most and maybe even by Aiden himself. Though usually of a even temperment he is prone to snap on a few individuals regardless of reason. These people are in fact those closest to him, his family. His father however seems to serve as his one respite to the world for him. Being in his eyes the only one who truly seems to value his decision.

Aside from these little episodes Aiden is very kind usually showing this kindness to animals and even to peasents should he meet them on the road. Aiden can usually be seen with one of his pets either his cat or his horse and tries not to part from them if he can. He has become significantly more withdrawn to the world as if trying to hide from his responsibility. Instead he likes to try to escape the castle and venture into the woods for some alone time.

Though he acts like this Aiden harbors an intense admiration for Cortland and has tried his best to emulate him. Though he knows he is failing he wishes only to walk his own path and be known for something other than being his father's son. Aiden is a very bright individual and loves to read when he has the chance. He is very much the romantic and enjoys tales of chivalry.

[History]
Born to Tysilio Faerald in the year 223 Aiden came into the world with an already big burden to bear. He was to be the next successor to the lordship of Caelain. Added to that he was to take the thrown after one of the most adored lords in the Caelain history. His dad was much adored by his people and as a result Aiden quickly became adored by the people. He grew up gifted with presents and fawning from the people of Caelain. His family life also seemed to be great with a loving and supporting family he had no need to feel pressure.

Aiden quickly began being instructed in the various sciences and arts. He was taught the art of diplomacy as well as the ethics that a good ruler should have. Added to this already extensive list was the idea of chivalry and the art of war as well as the lore of his people. In between lessons of varying degree's Aiden was still doing more learning. An inquisitive kid by nature Aiden enjoyed exploring the farmlands around his castle. He enjoyed going into villages and hearing stories of the past.

It was on one of these expeditions that he heard the name of Cortland instantly becoming enamored with him. He did everything he could to be like his hero even practicing with a bow when he had the time. When Aiden hit the age of 10 he chanced upon an injured kitten who had it's leg snagged in a trap set by some hunters. Instead of killing it like some of his retainers had said to do he decided to bring it home and care for it. However he began to love the cat and kept it affectionately naming it cort after his idol.

As if over night Aiden's demeanor changed suddenly. All taken back from the sudden shift in temperament. A once gregarious and amiable child was now sullen, withdrawn and prone to outburst. On his part Aiden said little resulting in the whispering. Those that once loved him and favored him as lord now withdrew their recommendation. It seemed as if Caelain abandoned Aiden and Aiden abandoned Caelain. Though the cause of this is truly known only by Aiden most claimed that pressure and the death of his brother was the reason of his sudden change. Now his ability to rule and right to rule have come in question as a result.

When the Cemric war kicked off Aiden went with his father. It seemed for a while that his ability had been noticed and because of it he was beginning to be favored again. Still this was favor was shatter when mostly out of emotion chose to let the Cemric prince Owyn go in exchange for his beloved Melari. This would have a catastrophic outcome for Aiden even though Owyn was captured and beheaded. Most people lost whatever favor they had and quickly a silent anger grew. However this was not the sentiment of all some people agreeing with his decision upon hearing all of his reasons. The most notable person was his father which served to finally bridge the two together again. Still this was just a little respite from what the rest of the world had begin seeing him as. As a result Aiden became more withdrawn soon questioning whether his decision was the right one to make. Still he never told any one his thoughts instead trying to rectify his mistake. This progress was slow and is still ongoing as is his inner conflict. Added to this pressure talks about him taking Melari as his wife have also surfaced. Which Aiden was very excited for. However Aiden is still wary about marrying Melari as of now because of the incident with Owyn he is worried that this marriage may come to soon and bring more anger out of his people.

[Writing Sample]
Aiden ran his hands through is long blond hair and then down over his face, walking slowly through the cool halls of his castle in Caerthynas. Well perhaps it wasn’t exactly his castle yet; but father’s and therefore his by succession. The last year had been, rather difficult for Aiden. It had helped that he had become withdrawn before the war. People questioned him less now that he didn’t come out much. Processing information took time. Processing relationships was another thing entirely. Aiden felt that as nobility he had the weight of an entire country on his shoulders and he wasn’t wrong. Trying to figure out how to weigh decisions was never easy, and whenever someone took into the balance the lives a few versus the lives of many, or the lives of a loved one of the lives of a congregation; how does one choose? How do you decide which life is more important than another? Do you look at the value of a man, the value of blood? Do you look at the good that person can do versus the good or damage another can do? What scale can you weigh two individuals? Do you take the weight of other people into consideration? How strongly can the wills and desires of others influence your actions and reactions to things? How do you create the very boundaries of your personality and your decisions making paradigm?

It was all a mess and Aiden knew it. There was no easy solution to what he had done. He did not regret it. It was in the past but on cold dreary days like this; his old decisions seemed to creep back up on. Perhaps it was because he was lonely. Because it was because he saw many things differently now than he once did. Oh how quickly war grew an individual. Aiden felt like he went into war with his father as a boy but he was very certain that he came out a man. Of course what that meant after everything, he couldn’t really tell. Maybe he could be the man that Cortland was. At this rate, maybe that wasn’t possible. Perhaps he could just live to be the man his father was. He knew his father had made mistakes, a great many of them, but he had, at least, from Aiden perspective, conducted himself with honor. Honor. Maybe that was what life was all about. Perhaps it was about living with honor. He was pretty sure there was no way that his father’s God could have been the “right” choice in his situation. There was no right choice. Enough pouting though. There had to be better things to do with his day. Aiden reached the end of the hall, peering out the window, looking down to the stables. Ah yes, Myriad. Excellent.

[Timeline of Events]

Year 223: Aiden Faerald is born
Year 240: Game starts
Year 241: Aiden meets Melari
Year 241: The Cemirc War begins Aiden goes along with his father
Year 241: The Cemirc Prince Owyn is captured Aiden decides to let him go
Year 241: The Cermirc war ends Prince Owyn is beheaded

Last edited by Terion; 02-28-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Terion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

Terion -- this is already a fantastic application. The one issue I see right away though is the pb choice -- Aiden is 19 and Daniel Goddard is actually 42 in real life. While we don't strictly enforce the pb being the EXACT age of the character, we do want them to be within a reasonable range I would be more than happy to suggest other possible pbs, but I believe this one is too old to be portraying a 19 year old. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

@Marty as father, @Renna (simply because you guys should talk if any former plot points are still relevant) me and @Jenn
Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

@Terion

Also, the writing sample is required to be 3rd person for the character you're applying for <3
Old 02-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Terion

Tyler
Character
Caelain
Single
None
N/A
N/A

Alright, I think we should be all set.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

@Marty @Renna me /@Jenn again
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Marty
The Flying Dutchman

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Fine with me, though I question whether Aiden should have blond hair. After all, both his parents had brown or black hair which is the dominant shade of hair in the family.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

Marty is right about the hair color -- so you will have to find a more brownish headed pic of Alex or another pb. Please let me or Jenn know if you need suggestions, I am more than willing to help!

Once that is decided, I will be next approval.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Terion

Tyler
Character
Caelain
Single
None
N/A
N/A

Brown hair acquired!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

I approve
@Friday
Old 02-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Terion

Tyler
Character
Caelain
Single
None
N/A
N/A

All set
Old 02-28-2014, 07:45 AM
Marty
The Flying Dutchman

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Even looks a bit like his father if you look at it in a certain way. It has my stamp of approval.

I'll be making a random father and son thread today so you can jump right in once approval is finalised.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Terion

Tyler
Character
Caelain
Single
None
N/A
N/A

Cool. Not sure who I am still waiting on though
Old 02-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

Okay just last bits! You need to fill out this bit in the top part of the profile, haha:

Quote:
Character Name:
Character Age: 19
Birthday (including year): May 12th 223
Home Castle/City:
House [Birth and Marriage if applicable]:
You are missing the name and the city and stuff. Once you do that I'll approve -- just write here!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Terion

Tyler
Character
Caelain
Single
None
N/A
N/A

Yea I'm not sure how i missed that lol
Old 02-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

ACCEPTED!

All required parties have approved your profile and you may now post.

Links of Importance

Profile Set Up Directions - Read this to ensure you do everything required to properly set up your character profile. Ensure your character's display name is the proper color.

Plot Pages Forum - Swing by here to make your plot page and post on others

Province Plot Threads - Contain the timeline for each province. Use this to ensure your character starts in the right place.

Tags
aiden