Swingin' That Frying Pan Flynn Rider Style
Join Date: Jul 2011
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
[01.1] Character and Posting Rules
[CHARACTER RULES AND CONSIDERATIONS]
1. Forsilvra is a court nobility game that focuses on the upper class. The following character types are allowed: Members of any noble house, knights in the service of a noble house, and lords and ladies of vassal houses that are in direct service of an existing banner house. Any other character type including commoners, servants of households, foreigners, etc MUST be cleared with staff prior to making the profile, and must be in the service of a noble house upon start of character play.
2. Character Limit in Forsilvra is based on a points system. You can have as many characters as you wish until you reach ten points. Please note that if you are at ten points and your character's 'value' changes, you will not be required to drop any characters.
Points are as follows:
- King, Province Lords - 3 points
- Banner Lord / Council Member / Province Lady / Province Lord Heir / Member of the Royal Family / Vaughan Commanders - 2 points
- All others - 1 point
After ten points, you can earn up to 20 max points as follows: 300 IC posts = 12 total points, 500 IC posts = 14 total points, 800 IC posts = 15 total points, 1000 IC posts = 16 total points, 1200 IC posts = 17 total points, 1500 IC posts = 18 total points, 1700 IC posts = 19 total points, 2000 IC posts = 20 total points. The staff keeps track of posts after each activity check and will update the member list with the number points that you have earned.
3. Players may only have One Province Lord. If you play a province lord, you may not play the heir of any other province lord. Players may only have One Province Heir. Players may only have One Council Member, however you may play a council member and either province lord or heir. There is no restriction on other character combinations.
4. Your first character at Forsilvra must be a member of an already created house. The reason for this is that new players are able to learn more about the culture and structure of the game through RP, which is needed to create a new house from scratch. Your second character is more flexible, and if you feel ready you may create a new house. Again, if you wish to create a foreign character or commoner, you must clear your idea with the staff before proceeding.
5. Once made, characters will be considered canon to the game in the sense that if the player of said character quits or goes inactive, the character will become 'open'. Other players may then apply for the character by writing their own profile for the already established character. The writing sample must be written in their own words. All characters will be credited as appropriate in the house genealogy. Anything copied from the original profile will be credited in the profile.
6. If applying for a previously played character with more than 25 posts a few rules apply. Just like applying for a series canon character, elements of the original canon's personality must be used, looks must be similar, and history and secrets must be consistent but can be expanded. The staff strongly encourages applicants to use the same Player Base (PB). A different PB can be used, but the characteristics of the new PB must be in line with the old PB, and admins will need to approve the change. We will not, for example, approve a blond pb for a brunette character. If you feel there is good reason to make significant changes, they may be allowed at the mods' discretion.
7. In creating a new character, a 'Player Base' or 'PB' is required. There's no requirement that the person representing your character be famous or well-known but your character should have an avatar who is a person. No drawings or artwork. You must know the name of the actor/model/musician/etc that are you using, because we must list them in the Player Base thread. In addition, your PB must fit the house you are putting your character into. Lacharn is Asian. Ahestere with the exception of Enos is Persian or darker skinned. If the house is all blonde, use a blonde PB.
8.When creating your character, you should talk to the Lord of the House to understand the direction they wish to take with the house. Most marriages were made for political reasons, and the Lord of the House decides the marriage matches for members of his family. Forsilvra is a feudal setting, with feudal politics. Work with your lord for plots, character ideas, possible matches, and more!
Remember, the morals of Forsilvra are different from modern times. Respect was given based on titles, lands, and money. Those higher than you afforded respect simply by name, those lower often got shat on. Women were considered lesser, and much of their life was dictated by the men who ruled their family, be it father, brother or husband. There was little to no punishment for a man's actions against a woman, where the opposite was true if a woman rose up against a man. Adultery was often considered to be acceptable only one way, at least in secret.
9. Due to the importance of the recently passed plague to the overall plot, if you are making a new family, the effect of the plague must be evident. That is, at least one person must have died of plague.
10. To apply for a character please follow the steps in Character Creation and Application Template. Before your character will be approved, please complete the following:
- Make the character’s IC account. First and last name, as always.
- Have the appropriately sized avatar posted up. 100x100, of the player-base of choice. You may change it everyday once a day after that if it pleases you, we just need it up by the time you want profile approval so that we can grab the link and update the house information. If you need help finding one that is the right size, there are several links posted to peruse on the taken player base page.
- Make sure the genealogy is correct. There have been several mishaps of changed lines and reversed birth-rite orders that get tumbled together in large families from just crossing lines of communication; when in doubt, use the one provided for each household in the house information. If there seems to be a discrepancy, feel free to inform any staffer and we will get to the bottom of it!
- Send secrets to BOTH Jenn and Friday. Not one or the other; both! This saves us from having to track one another down to retrieve secrets.
Last edited by Jenn; 02-24-2013 at 10:09 PM.